Sunday, September 5, 2010
Write a piece of advice to the younger you
Everything is going to be fine, that time will go on. And even though you won't know what a proper family feels like, you're going to be fine. Eventually.
You should forgive him you know? Even though he's the one inflicting the wounds and scars that will probably never disappear, he will learn his lesson you know?
You'll know what addiction feels like, what causes you to spin out of control
To fuck with your mind to make everything seem relative and unbreakable
That this is all a fucking nightmare.
You'll dig yourself a hole but you'll keep on going.
You think that this curse will also be the cure, one more time I swear, One Last Time.
I promise. I swear. No, really. No more. I promise please, just fucking let me go.
There will be screams and tears, oh plenty of those.
I see what you see, slumped in the corridor in the early mornings
You won't be able to forgive him but in fact you don't even know it but you don't hate him
But because of this, you'll never be any closer.
I'd like to forgive you but I can't seem to find the strength
I'm sorry for being a horrible unloving and uncaring daughter
I pity you and I probably won't forgive you because
you haven't done anything to earn it.
Everything we lost, everything we could have had
Everything we had to go through
Was because of you.
But we all have our own vices but you just couldn't define who you were.
I always used to admire you, always used to think you were so strong
A man with an eagle tattoo on his chest.
I remember the day I came out running to you whilst you were washing the car
I saw a mouse in our laundry room
You came in and killed it with a broom.
One of the few good memories I have left of us.
Labels: Happy Fathers Day
8:04 PM